- Biggest Catholic dating website
- Free additional 6 months if you don't find a match in the first 6 months
- Very active member forum (2,000 posts daily)
- Messaging only available for paid members
- Registration takes quite a while
- Small dating pool for users from non-major cities
- Dating site exclusive to Christian singles
- 7 to 10-day free trial available
- Highly-rated Christian dating site
- Many active members
- Advanced search filters available
- Flexible membership plans available
- Dating site for religious singles
- Strict verification system ensures all users are legitimate
- Available on mobile
- Important features like chat messaging are not free
- Features are pretty basic and lacklustre
Christian Dating Today
Did you know that there are 2.3 billion Christians in the world? That makes it the largest religion on earth. The most prominent Christian group is the Catholics, with over 1.2 billion members. Christians are people who have received Christian baptism or are believers of Christ and his teachings. They have a set of values that follow the bible, and their belief in Jesus Christ is unshakeable.
Whether you're a Christian single or someone who wants to date one and is thinking twice about it, then you've come to the right place. Maybe there's someone you have been meaning to ask out. Perhaps you've been wanting to change your old ways. And now, you are hoping to meet that special someone who can help you become a better person. Online dating might be the key to success, but you don't know how and where to start.
Not to worry! DatingScout is here to help you organise your thoughts and answer your questions about Christian Dating. We've compiled a comprehensive guide-like article below that tells you all about dating a Christian single and getting the most out of Christian dating sites.
The Difference of Dating A Christian
Dating a Christian is not rocket science. Non-Christian people need to know this. In reality, it's just like dating any person in the world. However, yes, some things may be relevant to Christians that may not be as important to people who have a different religion. Some of the beliefs may not be important at all to those who don't practice a religion.
- Belief in baptisms. Baptism is an act of obedience that shows your faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Jesus Christ. When Christians get baptised, they are believed to be born again to walk in the path of Christ's will.
- Celebrating two big holidays. The first one is Easter, which is the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection and Christmas, which is the day of His birth. These festive celebrations are celebrated with families gathered together over a joyous dinner and do other holiday traditions such as gift-giving.
- You often want to be married by a priest or pastor in an altar facing Jesus. Of course, you'd want your wedding blessed by Jesus Christ. It is also ideal for you that your marriage follows His teachings.
- Praying before meals. One thing that is in your daily routine is thanking the Lord for your blessings—this includes having food on the table. Saying grace before meals are something you never forget, especially if you're eating with your family.
- Attending Sunday Service. Every week, you attend service in your local Church. The community of Christians in every town is often tight-knit. Everybody knows everybody, and they are usually there for one other when one requires help.
- Strong belief in marriage and purity before it. You believe in the sanctity of full devotion to one's partner. This devotion includes submitting one's self fully to the husband or wife, and that includes sexual relations.
Not every Christian lives like this. There is a good percentage of Christians where only some of the bullets above apply to their lives. The most important thing about Christians is that they believe in one God and prayer.
Christian dating shouldn't be hard. If you're not one, you need to be open-minded and respectful to Christian beliefs and traditions.
What's It Like Dating A Christian?
A lot of Christians date for permanent love. Most don't date just for the sake of it.
When you find a partner, you are in it for the long run. You are patient in waiting for the right man or woman to come along. Prayers are heard by God about giving you a partner who loves you unconditionally, family-centred, and is compatible with your personality as well as ideals. You don't settle for anything less.
Dating a Christian Woman
Dating a Christian is life-changing, especially if you're not a Christian yourself. When you choose to date a Christian woman, expect that she:
- Is loyal and faithful to you
- Always chooses your side and puts your needs above hers
- Surrenders her whole self to you after marriage
Pros of Dating a Christian Man
When you date a Christian man, anticipate that he:
- Does everything he can to protect you and your family from harm
- Puts you and your kids first
- Serves you by being the pillar of the household
Of course, we can't single out some Christians who enjoy meeting new people and doing casual relationships from time to time.
Christians Also Found Love From These Sites
Few Things About Dating A Christian
There are few boundaries or challenges when dating a Christian, especially if you are from another religion or don't practice one at all. Nevertheless, some things have changed in today's modern times. The points below are a general overview of what it's like dating a 100% devoted Christian. Some points may apply to some, yet some don't. In spite of that, anyone can overcome these obstacles and issues if love is present in the relationship.
- Family is very, very important.
Family is everything to Christians, which is why if you want to court a Christian girl, you would also have to court the whole family. The approval of the immediate family members—especially the parents—have a significant impact on her saying yes. More often than not, you have to be a close member of the family before you officially ask the father for your girlfriend's hand in marriage.
As mentioned above, purity is ideally essential to Christian singles. Many Christian women save themselves for the right person after marriage. Due to today's modern ways and
perspectives, this is a not-so-popular situation anymore, but it is still essential to many. You should respect a woman when she says she wants to wait for the right time.
A lot of Christian women are conservative, and they like to take their time before committing to someone. It can be because they want to be sure if the relationship is genuine and built on trust and faithfulness. Dating a Christian single may need patience, but for sure, the waiting is worth it.
Christians have strong beliefs in their faith. A lot of them are unshakable, which is why you need to learn how to find a compromise with them when it comes to tough decisions. It may be hard to come to a solution when both of you practice different religions.
- Commitment on time and finances.
Celebrations, Sunday Service, and tithes are few of the commitments you need to say yes to when dating a Christian. Giving tithes may not be significant for you, but could be tremendously valuable to your partner. You must learn how to reach a middle ground when assimilating both of your beliefs.
Stereotypes in Christian Dating
Just like any other type of niche dating, there are common stereotypes around Christian Dating that are just that—stereotypes. Take a look at some of the popular ones below:
- Christians don't know how to have fun. Many people think that Christians are too conservative to let loose and have fun. They believe their worlds revolve around Jesus, Church, and praying. While that's not entirely false, Christians are still allowed to party and do enjoyable things in proper moderation and as long as they abide by the teachings of the bible.
- Christians are close-minded. Christians have their own set of beliefs and may view the world differently, but that doesn't mean that they are closed off to the perspectives of other people. Christians know how to respect another one's views, and they wouldn't necessarily ask you only to believe what they say.
- Christians shouldn't be finding a partner online. Another misconception is that online dating is not right, and Christians shouldn't be on online dating sites. It is up to the individual if he or she wants to behave in misconduct. He or she has control over how to respond to the things he or she finds online. There are credible Christian dating sites where members seek to have serious relationships.
The Advantages of Christian Dating Sites
There are thousands of online dating sites available in the world. Some cater to a specific kind of need, and some platforms serve niche groups. Christian dating sites are specially made to connect singles who share the same religious beliefs.
Increase Chances For Finding Potential Match
When you use Christian dating sites, the network of singles you get to interact that has the same religion widens. At the same time, it also makes your potential matches more tight-knit because of the niche of members found on a Christian dating site.
Openness In Faith
The majority of Christian dating sites encourage its members to provide information about their faith and beliefs. Some sites have faith questions you need to answer, which your
responses are going to show up on your profile. Issues relating to your faith help the dating site match you better with other members who you are compatible with, in principle.
Christian Dating Confessions
There are five main groups of Christians. These are the Catholicism, Church of the East, Oriental Orthodoxy, Easter Orthodoxy, and Protestantism. In Christian dating sites, you are encouraged to disclose which denomination you belong to. This process helps the other members know which group you belong to, as many members are particular in who they date.
Who Can You Find on Christian Dating Sites?
Many members of Christian dating sites are singles who are looking for a serious relationship that could lead to marriage. As mentioned above, Christians date not just because they're bored. They are in it for the long haul.
A lot believe that there is that one person that is truly for them. Some list the qualities they want to find in a man or woman, and wouldn't say yes to a relationship until the other person checks all the conditions on the list. Do you do this too? If yes, then perfect. Don't settle for something less than what's on your list. If no, it may be better for you to create one to make it easier to filter through the millions of members on a dating site.
A good percentage of Christian dating sites users have done their research before finally deciding to join one. Some say it's perfectly okay to be on these platforms, while some argue that it's immoral. It can be due to the reputation of other dating sites that are for finding casual relationships.
However, Christian dating sites want to uphold a reputation that is meant to show genuineness in bringing like-minded people together.
These sites make sure that they only accept members whose intentions are right.
A lot of Christian singles who join a dating site eventually find their husband or wife from the online platform. Some know from the very first interaction that they are the right ones for each other. And there are also a lot of singles who go to a couple of dates before finding true love.
You shouldn't think of using online dating sites to meet people as immoral. In the actual world, you also meet and get to know several people before finding the one you'll marry. Dating sites just speeds up the process by extending your pool of choices.
How to be Successful on Christian Dating Sites?
If there's one difference that members of Christian dating sites have, it's probably the members' disposition in finding love. Christians are patient in finding the one for them. They like to take their time getting to know someone before committing to a relationship.
To be successful in finding the right person for you on Christian dating sites, here are some tips:
Be ready before you sign-up
Before signing up, you have to make sure that you are prepared that other people will see you in the online dating world. Joining a dating site requires you to upload a profile and provide some of your personal information. Most sites also need a premium membership fee for you to access exclusive features and get something from the site.
Dress up and take care of your profile
Make sure that your profile photo and profile information show the best version of you. Use a photo where you are all dress up and one that shows your personality. Fill up your profile with the required information, and craft a well-written "about me" introduction. Let your profile viewer know how serious you are in finding a date through the dating site.
Finding a suitable match
Christian dating sites have advanced search filters that you could use to find your ideal person. Don't be afraid to use
them for the specifics. With millions of members from these sites, you are sure to find someone that matches who exactly it is you're looking for. Do not compromise and say yes to seeing someone whom you don't like.
Try Out These Christian Dating Sites
Finding Your Christian Love Online
Finding love online doesn't mean that you have to turn your back on your Christian beliefs. With a credible Christian dating site, you can find your rightful match. The match that checks all qualities on your list and is looking for the same kind of relationship.
We have now switched to a digital-first age, and it's just right that you dive into the new trend of online dating. Times have changed, and your chances to find your true love in the real world may be challenging. But fret not, you can still experience the sweetness and happiness brought about true love from a dedicated Christian online dating site. Sign up today and don't miss out!